Thursday, April 15, 2010

I KEEPS IT REAL

What is real? Who is to say that someone else is not real? Each of us has our own true identity. However, in the music industry, we like to think that a lot of the popular entertainers are not real. We question their motives and ridicule them for doing things like 'selling out'. I know that some people in the music business are simply in it for the money, but why should I judge that as wrong. People have their reasons. But that does not make them any less credible or excuse me, REAL. I don't really listen to the radio too much so I don't always know who the hottest singers and musicians are at the present time. But I am a DJ so I do have to keep up with the Billboard pop charts ever so often. I have found that most of these so called 'sell out' singers or bands or whatever they are called are generally singing songs about having a good time, breaking up, or falling in love. These all sound like cheesy subjects. But they are all relate-able! We have all gone through break-ups, felt like we were in love, and I know we all like to have a good time and party! I really don't think that alot of the popular artists today are that good, musically. But does that mean they are not real? I really don't think so. Many of them are either doing what they love, or they are just trying to get rich. But honestly, who doesn't want to be rich?

No comments:

Post a Comment