Wednesday, April 14, 2010

PopCulture Analysis...How I feel thus far.

I have thoroughly enjoyed my time in Comm 322. I have always been the type of person who chose to look a little deeper at all the media that was being fed to me on a daily basis. A television show was never just a television show, and songs on the radio always meant something deeper to me. I would of course have friends that would never let me live it down and I was considered a kill joy or a prude most times but I couldn't help but over-analyze things. In this class I realized that there was a place for people like me and that what I was feeling wasn't strange at all... I guess you could say that I found a home in the pop-culture rhetorical criticism community.

Thanks Kristen!!!

However, with all of my new found freedom and knowledge, I can’t help but want to be more cautious with my brain and how I think. If you log on to youtube this very moment and type in conspiracy, or pop culture criticism or anything in that realm, you will be re-directed to some of the ‘best and brightest’ (sarcasm) that the internet has to offer.

For instance, this week in the world of paranoia, there is a video floating around of Obama giving an acceptance speech in Chicago where his famous line ‘Yes We Can’ is played backwards to reveal … you guessed it! Some sort of Satanic greeting. (apparently Yes We Can backwards is Thank You Satan)

I do not prefer to live the sort of life that has be on the edge about every little thing on the internet or television. I do understand that there are things that lie beneath the surface and that there are always forces at work but sometimes… I’d just love to tune out and not even think about it. A ‘NO MEDIA’ day is much needed. If we all purged ourselves on a regular basis, maybe ‘programming’ wouldn’t even stand a chance. Im due for one of those sessions asap… Im sure my brain will appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment