Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Ass Slapping Facebook

So the ball state ass slapping controversy is another Facebook group or fan page that graced the presence of my news feed over the past few days. I'll be honest it made a welcome change from the usual "when someone bites your lower lip during kissing", "i stay up late every night and realize it's a bad idea every morning" or "On a scale of Anne Frank to Osama Bin Laden how good was y hiding" Ok i admit the last one is fairly funny, but i still refuse to become a fan of anything that isn't a thing if that makes sense.

So I looked into the whole 'ass slapping' group I didn't join it, simply because to be honest I thought it would be taken down and although I know my views I couldn't honestly tell you what the views of the fan page were. On one hand Facebook is this huge social networking media that can attract thousands of fans in a matter of minutes, but for what cause? The group claims it's making a mockery of the e-mail, but some of the comments from the users say differently, some seemed to full on insult the women who were victims. Now whatever your opinion is on the incident and sure it's been overblown, these women still have the right to their asses not being slapped. I just think if you have a devise that powerful and want to start a group and have meaning behind it you need to state that meaning, because 10,000 people writing comments about an ass slapping aren't all gonna come together caring at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment