Thursday, April 15, 2010

Feminism

I believe that the feminine perspective is a very good one. I think that it analyzes things for what they are, but it also calls for gender equality which is needed. We live in the 21st century, and there is no need for gender discrimination. Gender discrimination does however exist wherever you look. Wages are one thing we can look at to see this. Women are lucky to make seventy five cents on the dollar that a man makes, and this is white women who are the majority in the United States of America. A woman that is black, Asian, Hispanic, Arabic or other sort of ethnicity is less likely to even make that wage. In some cases a man and woman who are both equally qualified for a position the man makes twice as much, and I do not believe this is fail. Patriarchy is an idea in our society saying the oldest white guy is full of wisdom, but I respectfully disagree with patriarchy. If I were a young Hispanic girl I would be a complete opposite to the structure our culture is centered around. I believe that what makes people different is what makes them great. An individual is someone whom is proud of their heritage, but they also put their own personal flare on life. I say respect people for their values, and not by their gender, skin color, or age. I think the feminine perspective is a great examiner of equality which is something we should all strive for.

No comments:

Post a Comment