Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Buy the same tampons as me, Because I'm wearing white pants!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOM4AMV050A
*U by Kotex commercial


This commercial cracks me up. It is spot on making fun of other commercials like it. I bring this commercial up because their form of advertising is different from what we are use to. It is kind of like what we watch in No Logo. This is kind of like the Grant Hill Sprite commercial. He was going through the motions of a typical beverage commercial. Say this, show the bottle, and then take a drink. He wasn’t just doing it he was telling the consumers what he was doing. That type worked for awhile until the consumer realized what was going on. I believe it is happening again. This commercial is different from others out there. It works because consumers are able to remember the commercial. When I was looking at the video on Youtube I started reading some of the comments. People were saying I love this commercial. It is so funny. I love this part. One comment stuck out. It came from lionmml and it said, “I think buying these tampons because you like the ads is just telling the producer to keep treating us like intelligent human beings.” I got a little of a sarcastic tone from it. I believe she is right. If females buy them because they think the commercial is funny then the producers are just going to keep making these types of commercials. Instead of buying on quality consumers will just buy because it’s funny and cool looking. I think this type of advertising will work for awhile. It’s funny and different, but once others company’s realize this and start doing it then it won’t be so unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment