Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Blogs...Truth or Fiction

Talking about blogs in class really got my attention. I have never really followed a blog or participated in one until this semester. I follow postsecrets.com but that has a person who chooses what goes on there and since they are secrets that have no effect on me or what is going on in the world, I never had to think about whether they were true or not. Baghdad Burning was something that I thought was very interesting. There was a discussion in class about whether it matters whether it is true or not. I would fall under the side that said it does matter. I think this because in a blog of this nature you really have you are taking important world events and forming opinions. Yes I understand that blogs are subjective and they are what one person thinks about a particular issue. But if someone is fabricating lies, then I do not understand the difference between that and the media not telling the whole truth. It seems you cannot really trust any source of information. But at least the media is less opinionated and is held somewhat accountable for covering the truth.

Greg Beresford

No comments:

Post a Comment