Thursday, April 15, 2010

ball state ass slapper

I think this ball state ass slapping thing has gotten way too far out of hand. I understand that it was a violation of those females privacy and it was extremely controversial because one of the people slapped was a ball state worker, but we need to let this thing die. I honestly think that it was a funny thing that happened, I don't agree with what happened but I laughed when I heard about it. I've talked about it in other classes and people are saying that this guy is a serial ass slapper and that he's sick in the head and if we don't stop him now then more people will be violated. At the end of the day, honestly, this guy is just slapping asses and not raping or sexually abusing these women. If the most this guy is going to do is slap them on the ass then fine, catch him, fine him a few hundred bucks and move on. There are bigger fish to fry than this loser on a bike. Now a days I don't think he'd get more than a slap on the wrist. Think about, we've had pro athletes kill people while driving drunk, rape women in public places and beat their wives and yet they don't get any hard punishment at all. I personally believe that our PR department and Dr. Gora screwed themselves over by publicly announcing this and sending out mass emails. It was very poorly written too, so that doesn't help their case. Had these women reported it like they did and the police kept it to themselves this wouldn't have been a big deal and nobody would be talking about it. Also, as we said in class, social networks don't help this case at all, it's like adding fuel to the fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment