Thursday, February 25, 2010

Toddler's and Tiaras

I really don't think that show is that bad. I may be a bit biased because I am a pageant girl. Sometimes it can be taken a little too far with the very very small and young girls but for the most part I feel that pageantry is a good thing. Pageantry builds self-esteem and instills self- confidence in the girls that participate in them. Before I started doing pageants I was vey shy and reserved, but things changed as soon as I entered into the National American Miss Pageant at young age. Being on stage with all eyes on you gives you a rush. You have to be very confident in yourself. You start believing in yourself and you ultimately end up with more confidence than what you started with. Pageant girls are some of the brightest and most intelligent girls that one could ever meet. It's just a plus that they happen to be beautiful. CROWN=CRACK. who wouldn't want to win a crown, sash and a title? That's what every contestant is after ultimately. People may look down upon pageantry for younger girls but it's just like little league sports and any other hobbies. People are allowed to take their crafts seriously. Pageanty deserves more respect because I know that little girls all over dream on becoming Miss America. "There she is, Miss America, there she is, your ideal. The dream of a million girls.." I know I'm one of those girls and I can't wait to hear that song playing while someone puts a crown on top of my head.
I know people arent going to agee, because not eveyone loves everything, but instead of looking a something in a negative light, see it for its positives.

No comments:

Post a Comment